Recently the Burlesque Hall Of Fame, arguably the home of burlesque, and the preservation of it’s legacy, based in Las Vegas, Nevada, held a Indiegogo fundraising drive in order to help the move to a new museum, to continue the preservation of the history of burlesque.
From the BHOF Indiegogo Page…
A half century in the making and just in time to mark our 10th anniversary in Las Vegas…the Burlesque Hall of Fame is ready to pull back the curtain on our NEW HOME!
The Burlesque Hall of Fame, the world’s only not-for-profit organization with a mission to preserve, celebrate and inspire the art of burlesque, is thrilled to announce that in 2016 we will take the keys to a newly renovated museum, exhibition, retail and office venue, and begin installation for a grand opening in the summer!
The build-out and preparation of our new home comes with some very real costs, and we remain a small, grassroots not-for-profit organization.
We need your help to raise at least $50,000 to open our new doors. Costs include:
- The architectural design of our new interior spaces
- Professional wall construction for 150 linear feet of display walls (nearly 3 times what we have now!)
- Flooring installation, including for a professional-quality performance, teaching and event space
- Museum-quality lighting installation
- New signage both inside the space and outside on our new building
- Display cases, shelving, and other installation supplies
- Building and installation of safe, professional storage and work space where our collection can be preserved, catalogued and accessed by scholars and fans
Now, although the Indiegogo campaign raised an impressive $32,000, that is still short of their goal, and they incur year-round expenses to maintain and run this museum….so, now is the perfect time to donate to the cause, and keep the history of Burlesque alive for the next generations of performers and fans alike!